I Don't Like Voicemail Messages
- 2019-12-31T07:10:29.777Z: Added background information.
Many years ago some of my friends chatted with me using voicemail messages very often, instead of sending me text messages. I didn't like those voicemail messages, and I still don't. Why?
- The sender may situate in a noisy environment, which causes unclear message content being recorded. As a result, the recipient cannot listen to the voicemail message clearly.
- The sender may speak unclearly and recipient cannot understand the message.
- The recipient may situate in a noisy environment and cannot listen to the voicemail message clearly.
The recipient may be in a situation which he or she cannot listen to the
voicemail message, such as:
- Telephone call
There are some limitations of voicemail messages as well:
- It may take very long time to acquire the complete voicemail message before it can be listened to, depending on the delivery channel conditions.
- Voicemail message may not be indexed and searched easily.
Voicemail message has its place, but seriously, don't abuse it and it cannot replace text-based communications. I would give up immediately if I have to listen to hundreds of voicemail messages received previously in order to dig out some information.